Published May 31, 2007 by
Like Oprah always says, being a stay at home Mom is the hardest job in the world. She’s right – Mom’s work hard and deserve a break every now and again. Likely you have a circle of friends or group of Moms that you’d like to get to know better so schedule a Mom’s Night Out and let the fun begin! Once you try it, you’ll be setting up Mom’s nights at least once a month so that you can get out of the house, bond with and get validation from other Mothers in the same situation, have some adult interaction and build long-lasting relationships. Get Dad to watch the kids or hire a babysitter so you get the much needed break that you need to rejuvenate. Try some of these great and affordable ideas to kick off Mom’s Night Out.
1. Go to the Spa or host a spa party where you give each other manicures
2. Have a Bunco dice game or group game night.
3. Go out to a local dinner theater or see a musical show
4. Throw a pool party or backyard barbecue
5. Have a dessert or progressive dinner night
6. Go bowling
7. Go to a movie or watch a DVD at someone's home
8. Do an outdoor activity like biking, canoeing, walking in the park, etc.
9. Start a book club and have a book discussion
10. Go to a comedy club show
Share your ideas for Mom's Night Out on the Mom & Motherhood Forum at Baby Gifts & Gift Baskets.