This chow is intended for human consumption only. It should not be fed to dogs as chocolate can be harmful to dogs. Puppy chow is a great chocolate dessert to snack on for any age.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 9 cups crispy corn or rice cereal squares
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a medium saucepan, stir the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate morsels over low heat until all the ingredients are melted and well mixed. Cool slightly.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl. Pour the warm mixture over cereal and gently fold until the cereal is completely covered by the mixture.
- Pour the confectioners' sugar into a large paper bag. Place the coated cereal in bag with the sugar and shake completely covered with sugar. Add more sugar as needed.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on a sheet of wax paper and allow cooling completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.