Published March 04, 2008
Fudgemallow delight is a wonderful treat if you're a big fan of fudge. This dessert is sort of like eating s'mores cookies as a chilled treat.
For the topping
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 (1.4-ounce) English toffee-flavored candy bar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 large marshmallows
- Your favorite ice cream (enough for 4 people)
This dessert is very sweet, so you might want to add fewer marshmallows, depending on your preferences. You can keep any leftover sauce in the refrigerator and reheat it in the microwave.
- Break the chocolate and the candy bar into large chunks. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and cream over low heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to medium and continue stirring 10 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened slightly. (be careful, as the mixture gets very hot and splatters. Use a very long wooden spoon to stir.) Reduce the heat to low.
- Scoop the ice cream into four individual bowls. Put the marshmallows, chocolate, and candy bar chunks into the saucepan and stir once. Spoon the sauce over ice cream.