Who doesn't love a delicious fudge sundae for dessert or even just for a snack? These chocolate treats are so tasty and simply tradition that they should be found at every restaurant in America. But since they're not, or in case you want to give some in your dessert gift basket, then you may just have to make them yourself. Here's a great recipe to get you started.
- 2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the top pot of a double broiler. Add the cocoa powder and stir until dissolved. Gradually stir in the sugar, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add the milk and cream. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Serve warm over ice cream.