I love peanut butter cookies! They're crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and they just seem to melt in your mouth!
Here are Peanut Butter Cookies with a twist! These cookies start with a boxed yellow cake mix and end in deliciousness!
* 1 box yellow cake mix
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/3 cup water
* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/4 cup shortening or vegetable oil
* 2 eggs
* Granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheets). In large bowl, beat cake mix, brown sugar, water, peanut butter, shortening and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and, on ungreased cookie sheet, place 2 inches apart. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in sugar.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Makes about 54 cookies
Note: You can always add your favorite chips to jazz up the recipe.