Sure, you've made St. Patrick's Day Cookies, but are you looking to serve up something cool and green this St. Patrick's Day? This recipe combines delicious Mint Chip ice cream with a cookie crumb crust for a dessert that strikes gold. There are several versions of this recipe including one that has a brownie crust from Our Best Bites (the above image is their delectable dessert). We also found this great one from Taste of Home that uses Oreo cookies for the crust. Either way it is mouth-watering.
This is a great plan-ahead dessert because it can be frozen up to 2 months.
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Shaved chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press into two 13-in. x 9-in. dishes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, sugar, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat then cool completely.
- Spread ice cream over each crust. Spoon cooled chocolate sauce over top; evenly spread to cover. Freeze until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Makes 2 desserts - 12 to 15 servings each.