Moms love gifts for Mother's Day that are made by the little hands of their children. Here is a creative gift for mom that will have her smiling from ear to ear. Fill the vase with fresh flowers or homemade paper flowers for a present that will brighten her day.
What you'll need:
* Empty glass jar
* Enamel paint (purple, pink, yellow)
How to Make it:
1. First, be sure to read the instructions on the back of the enamel paint bottle.
2. Be sure glass jar is clean, dry, and all labels have been completely removed.
3. Have children dip their fingertips into the paint and dot onto the glass to form the petals of the flowers.
4. Repeat this process to dot on the flower centers--alternate the colors (purple flower, yellow center, pink flower, purple center, etc).
5. Let paint dry and cure according to directions on enamel paint bottle. This may require baking in the oven, or a longer alternative is air drying for up to three weeks before using.
* Hold jar by the mouth to avoid bumping or grabbing any wet paint.
* Acrylic paints can be used; however they will wash off if jar is washed. To protect it better you can spray entire surface with acrylic sealer, however this can diminish the shiny surface of the glass.