Moms love homemade Mother's Day gifts! She will love this adorable poem card made from her little one's fingerprints. If you're a daycare looking for a fun project, or a dad looking for something special, below is a fun gift that will go right to mom's heart!
* 2 sheets of card stock, purple and light blue
* White printer paper
* Acrylic paint: purple, light blue, pink, red, white
* Glue stick
* Damp washcloth
* Print poem (below) onto white paper.
* Cut poem out, curving edges around the poem making it look like a cloud.
* On a separate blank sheet of white paper, use pencil to lightly draw a heart and the word "MOM" above it.
* Cut the heart and MOM out, leaving about an inch border.
* Glue the heart drawing and the poem onto the purple card stock.
* Cut around the poem and the heart drawing, leaving a small purple card stock border on each.
* Glue both onto light blue card stock, poem at the bottom.
* Have child write their name and the year on the back of the blue card stock.
* Put small puddles of paint onto a paper plate, one puddle of each color except white. Make a second puddle of pink and add some white to it to make an even lighter pink. You should have 5 puddles of paint (purple, light blue, red, pink, light pink)
* Have child dip fingertips into puddles to decorate the heart and write MOM. Do the Ms in purple and the O in light blue. Use red, pink and light pink to decorate the heart. Use damp washcloth to clean off fingertips in between each paint color.
* Let the paint dry completely.
My dirty little fingerprints I've left on every wall
And on the drawers and tabletops, I've really marked them all
But here are some that won't rub off, I'm giving them to you
Because I'm thankful to have a mom that's just like you!
* Construction paper can be used instead of card stock but will not be as sturdy.
* Use the print preview option on your printer before actually printing. This will allow you to see what the printout will look like without wasting countless sheets of paper.
* Change the purple and light blue colors we chose to your mom's favorite colors. Simply match up two colors and use them for the card stock and the two paint colors for the word "MOM".
Credit: Amanda Formaro at Kaboose.com