Published July 16, 2010
Fruit salad is such a "must have" for any summer gathering! You could make a fruit salad to go along with your patriotic cookies for the big fourth of July celebration. Take advantage of the abundant summer fruits by creating a delicious summer fruit salad. Below we combine a variety of delicious fruits with some rhubarb sauce for a scrumptious summer treat.
- 3 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 15 seedless grapes, halved
- 10 fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 plum, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rhubarb, turn heat to low, cover, and simmer until rhubarb is soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Mash and chill in the refrigerator, about one hour.
- To serve, mix the grapes, orange, strawberries, apple, peach, plum, cherries, and blueberries with 2/3 cup of the rhubarb sauce. Stir gently, but thoroughly to coat. Refrigerate for at least two hours to allow the flavors to blend.