Published September 03, 2010
I'm not sure about where you live, but it's getting cooler here. For some reason, when the weather starts to cool down, I get in the mood to make muffins! Baking them fills the air with that delicious muffin smell and the day just seems to get better after sitting down to this delicious treat warm from the oven!
If you have some ripe bananas sitting around, here is a great recipe for banana crumb muffins. The crumb topping adds delicious flavor and texture to an already scrumptious treat!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened (NOTE: Do not beat! Over-mixing causes dryer muffins). Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.