Published May 15, 2014
A baby shower isn’t exactly the place to start drinking, but nothing like a few cocktails can get the room relaxed and talking. The compromise, of course, is a few great mocktail ideas. Here are some to consider for your upcoming baby shower.
- The Mint Breezer: If you’re looking for a refreshing twist at your baby shower, this is certainly the mocktail you’ll want to consider. From the lime to the pomegranate juice, it’s likely to thrill and refresh at the same time. You’ll need two ounces of pomegranate juice, pineapple juice and club soda. You’ll also need ¾ of an ounce of lime juice, a pineapple slice, and some mint leaves. Mix the fruit juices together in a shaker. Add some ice and shake hard. Strain it into a highball glass, then top it off with soda. Use the pineapple slice and mint leaves as garnish.
- Virgin Grapefruit Mojito: There’s nothing quite as delicious as a mojito, and this version is ideal for the baby shower. It’s a tasty mix you just can’t miss. You need a quarter cup of pink grapefruit, chunked and seeded, two tablespoons of honey, 12 mint leaves, and a half-cup of pink grapefruit soda. Add the grapefruit, honey, and mint to a cocktail shaker. Smash the fruit to release the juices. Add a cup of small ice cubes, and the soda. Shake hard, then divide it between two rocks glasses. Top them off with soda as well. Garnish with mint if desired.
- Pink Grapefruit Margaritas: If you’re going with a pink shower for a baby girl, this should certainly be the addition you choose. You’ll need two tablespoons of sanding sugar, a lime, six teaspoons of pomegranate syrup, and one and a half cups of pink grapefruit juice. Put your sanding sugar in a shallow dish, then rub a lime wedge around the rims of 6 glasses. Dip the rims in the sugar. Pour a teaspoon of pomegranate syrup into the bottom of each glass. Put the grapefruit juice and two cups of ice in a blender. Crush the ice with the blender, and pour the mixture into the glasses. Stir to combine with syrup. Garnish with a lime if desired.
- Michigan Fizz: If you’re looking for a choice with a bit of tang, this is what you want to choose. Just two ingredients make the drink, and it’s the perfect touch, even if you can’t add alcohol. You’ll need three tablespoons of frozen cherry juice concentrate and a cup of ginger ale. Measure the cherry juice into a glass, then fill the remaining part of it with ginger ale. Stir it gentle, and garnish with a cherry if desired.
- Designated Appletini – Mom-to-be has already had to give up so much for the new baby. She shouldn’t have to give up her favorite drink, too. This is the perfect recipe for those who want a taste of the old days. You’ll need two ounce of apple juice, a half ounce of simple syrup, a quarter of an ounce of lemon juice, melted caramel, and an apple slice. Rim your glass with the melted caramel. Add the juices and syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well, then strain into the rimmed cocktail glass. Float your apple slice in the drink.
You don’t have to stick with the standard sherbet punch at your next baby shower. Instead, mix up some fun that even Mom-to-be can enjoy with these mocktails.