Why Write A Business Thank You Note
Writing a business thank you note is widely considered the most effective way to say thanks to a client or customer. It can be in the form of a letter, or a thank-you note, but it's simply an opportunity to show your gratitude. If you've ever received a thank-you note, you'll know that that the time it took that person to compose, reflect, and send thank-you notes is not inconsequential.
In this day and age, when emails flood our inboxes, and letters from universities flood our mailboxes asking for a donation, a thoughtful and personal letter can make all the difference.
One of the biggest questions we get is: Do I need to handwrite a thank you letter to my client? Of course, you don't have to.
But we make it simple for you...what's the value of a good handwritten note vs. a more generic printed or even formal letter? Think of it as an extra $50.
That's right. How would you feel if someone tucked a $50 dollar bill onto a gift saying thank you? You'd feel good and feel extra special. That's the value of a printed note. Now imagine if a person sent you a $100 bill. How would that make you feel? INCREDIBLY special. That's the value of a handwritten note. So the question is, are there people you'd like to thank by sending an extra $100? Or do you just want to send the $50 via the printed note? It's really up to you.
Because coming up with Thank You messages are tough, we put our copywriters to task and came up with a handful of notes that you can lift and use on your own. Whether you're looking to thank an executive or a long-time client, we have a sample thank you note to get you started in expressing your gratitude.
Thank-You Messages for New Customers
- Dear Client, We wanted to thank you for your business this year. We know there are a number of options for XXXX, and we are grateful that we're able to help meet your needs in 2018. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the New Year. -ABC
- Dear Client, We appreciate your business in 2018 and look forward to serving you in 2019. If there is anything I(we) can do for you in the coming year, please don't hesitate to reach out to us -The XXX Team
- Dear Client, As 2018 comes to a close and 2019 enters the horizon, we are thinking about how grateful we are to have terrific customers like you. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the new year.
- Dear Client, I'm grateful for your business and look forward to working with you in 2018.
- Thank you for choosing XYZ Company for your event marketing needs. We know you have many choices when it comes to spending your advertising budget, and we will strive to exceed your expectations. If you have any questions or concerns as your project moves along, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally.
- Thank you for your business! At XYZ, we appreciate and value each one of our customers. We especially love it when we get a new customer, as that gives us a chance to win your continued loyalty. We hope to have the honor of serving your needs for many years to come!
- Dear Customer, I just wanted to reach out and say thank you for your patronage. We hope you enjoy your new purchase and get many years of good use out of it. The next time you come in, please check out the new merchandise at the front of the store. You may find that the colors go really well with the item you just purchased.
Thank You Messages for Long-Time Customers
- Dear Customer, Another year has passed and we are grateful for the many years working with you. We are wishing you the best in 2019 and look forward to helping you in any way we can. Regards, XXX
- Dear Customer, We wanted to take a minute out of a busy year to thank you for your continued business. We've been working together for nearly XX years and I am personally grateful for your long standing business with us. If we can help you in the New Year, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- Dear Customer, It's been an honor spending so many years working with you. 2018 was a terrific year and we're looking forward to helping you achieve your business goals in 2019. We're grateful for your long-time business with us and are always here to help. Best, XXX
- Dear Client, For nearly XX years, we've been doing business together, so I wanted to take a minute to thank you for your business. I know you have a choice of service providers and we wanted to extend our appreciation for your business this year and into next year. Best, XXX
- Dear customer, we hope you know how much we appreciate your continued loyalty over the years. As you know, this industry has changed a lot. Many of our competitors have had to close down. We feel that a big part of our lasting success is the patronage of people just like you, our long-term customers. Thank you for choosing XYZ Company!
- Dear valued customer, I wanted to personally thank you for being a loyal customer! Over the years, it’s been our pleasure to serve you on multiple occasions and I hope we can look forward to see you time and time again. If there’s ever anything special we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to let us know!
- Dear customer, Over the last few years, it has been our pleasure serving your needs. When you first came to our store, we hoped to see you again. You have graced us with your loyalty and patronage, and we very much appreciate the trust you have placed in our brand. We are looking forward to many more years of helping you in any way we can!
Thank You Messages for Clients that are Also Friends
- Dear Client, I wanted to take a minute to personally thank you for not just your business, but your friendship. Through thick and thin, you've made working with you incredibly easy and productive. Best, XXX
- Dear Client, It's been a pleasure not just working with you in 2018, but also your friendship as we've toddled through the ups and downs of working together. I'm looking forward to working with you in the New Year. Best, XXX
- Dear Client, Wow! 2018 has blown by and here we are at 2019's front door. I wanted to thank you not just for your business, but also your personal friendship in the past year. You've been incredibly helpful and I appreciate everything you've done to make sure our interactions of been smooth. I look forward to working together.
- Dear Client, As we head into 2019, I wanted to send a personal thank you for your friendship. Our business relationship has been extremely fruitful and I'm grateful to have a partner like yourself as we work together on building XXX. Thank you! -XXX
- Dear Rhonda, Thanks so much for letting me do this project for you. Our friendship has meant so much to me over the years. Having you choose me for this project is just the icing on the cake!
- Dear Rhonda, I have to say this was my favorite project that I’ve done all year. Not only because it was so interesting, but because I got to do it for my best friend. Thank you for your business, but especially for your special friendship.
- Dear Rhonda, All these years working together on your business has brought us together not only as professionals but as friends. I appreciate you on so many levels. I look forward to many more years of serving your professional needs as well as spending quality time together!
Thank You Messages for Executives
- Mary, On behalf of our team, we wanted to send you best wishes in the New Year. We're grateful for your business and for your leadership. We look forward to working with you in the New Year.
- Annie, Thank You for your leadership and energy in helping our business relationship blossom. We're grateful for your business and look forward to helping you and your team in the coming year.
- Minnie, As 201x comes to a close, we wanted to thank you for your energy and leadership and building XXXX. We're grateful for the relationship you've helped steered and look forward to building upon that in 2019. Best, ABC
- Maxine, Thank you for your humble leadership in 201X. We're grateful for your business and look forward to taking it to the next level in 2019.
- Bonnie, On behalf of the XXX team, we wanted to take time to thank you and your team for all that you've done to build up our relationship with your company and team in 2018. We know many opportunities lie ahead in 2019 and we look forward to tackling those with you. Please let us know how else we can help.
- Dear Jonathan, Thank you for the fine work on the Henderson account. Thanks to your savvy negotiations, we were able to secure a contract renewal for another five years. We consider you to be one of the most valuable assets at XYZ Company.
- Dear Jonathan, Thank you for delivering another stellar year at XYZ Company. Your dedication and loyalty to this company does not go unnoticed. We’d like you to know that we owe a huge amount of our success to your fine work.
- Dear Jonathan, All of us at XYZ Company just wanted to reach out and congratulate you on your fine work. For over X years, you have consistently exceeded expectations and delivered stellar results. Thank you for always being the best person to get the job done.
Thank You Messages for Clients Who Stopped Being Clients This Year
- Max, I wanted to send you a quick note thanking you for your business in 2018. We were thrilled to work on XXX with you and look forward to seeing how we can help in the coming year.
- Ben, Even though we haven't been in touch in the last few months, I wanted to take a minute to express my gratitude for your business. We hope we have a chance to help and serve you in the coming year. If there is anything we can do to assist, please let me know.
- Mike, Thank you for your business in 2018. We know you have a set of choices in 2019, and we look forward to seeing how we can best help you in 2019. We would be thrilled to set up a time in January to discuss any potential opportunities to partner with you
- Larry, Thank you for your partnership in 2018. We are disappointed that we weren't able to continue working with you in 2018, but we wanted to extend a thank you to you for the partnership. We'd love to see if there is another way to help in 2019, and we'd enjoy helping you solve a different problem in the year to come. Best, Mike
- Dirk, You're the best. Thank you for working with us in the past year. If we can help going forward, just let us know.
- Dear Client, Just a quick note to reach out and thank you for your purchase earlier this year. We haven’t heard from you in a while, and are wondering if there’s anything we can do to win back your patronage. If there’s a particular product or service you wished that we’d carry, please do let us know.
- Dear Client, It’s been a while since we heard from you and we want to make sure you were happy with your purchase from us. If you have any questions or comments about our products, please don’t hesitate to let use know. We would love to have you as a client again!
- Dear Client, As a valued previous client, we wanted you to be the first to know we have a ton of new merchandise just in! It’s been awhile since we heard from you, but we’re sure you’ll be interested in our new offerings. Hope to see you again real soon!
Thank You Messages for Females
- Minnie, we wanted to thank you for your leadership and fortitude in the past year. -Minnie
- Minnie, congratulations on the new addition to your family in 2018! We wanted to also extend a thank you for your business and wish you the best in 2019. We look forward to
- Maxine, congratulations on the life change in 2019. We are proud to be helping you and your team transition and we look forward to making the transition as smooth as possible. Warm regards, Minnie
- Hey Sara, Thanks for coming in today to shop! It was lovely waiting on you, and I hope you get a lot of use out of the dress you bought. The color looks absolutely amazing on you! Hope to see you again soon!
- Dear Sara, Just wanted to let you know I’m so glad you decided to get the shoes to match the suit you bought today. You’re going to rock that business meeting! As soon as we get in those silk blouses we talked about I’ll be sure to let you know! Thanks again!
- Dear Sara, I’m so glad you chose XYZ Company for your new business venture. As a woman-owned small business, your company may be entitled to some extra discounts. I’ll look into it for you. In the meantime, I look forward to helping your business grow!
Thank You Messages for Write a Very Personal Message
- Betty, I wanted to send you a note thank you for your business in the past year. I'm also personally very grateful, not just for your business partnership, for your friendship and help. Working with you was no doubt a highlight of 2018 for me and I'm looking forward to working with you in the New Year.
- Deanna, Thank you for your professional and personal friendship in the past year. It has been incredibly rewarding to work with you and I'm grateful for all that we've been able to accomplish together.
- Zara, I wanted to take a minute to thank you for everything that you've done for me personally and professionally. It's not often a business partner of mine has been so helpful to me and I'm very grateful that we've been able to work together in the past year. If I can be helpful in any way in the coming year, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- Dear Bill! I hope you are well. It's been a pleasure working with you. Thank you for being a customer of ours. Sincerely, Cris
- Dawn, Thank You for being a loyal customer of our over the years. I truly value not just the business aspects of our relationship, but your personal friendship as well.
- Thank you for your business! You've influenced me and my team in ways you can't imagine. We're grateful for your business and hope to learn from you in the future.
We hope you have found these sample messages helpful as you find your own expression of gratitude in your business thank you note. Did you enjoy these? Did we miss a category? Let us know and we'll add 5 more!
- Why Write A Business Thank You Note
- Thank-You Messages for New Customers
- Thank You Messages for Long-Time Customers
- Thank You Messages for Clients that are Also Friends
- Thank You Messages for Executives
- Thank You Messages for Clients Who Stopped Being Clients This Year
- Thank You Messages for Females
- Thank You Messages for Write a Very Personal Message