Toll Free: 800-590-1388 - Customer Service - Account - Order Status - Wish List - FAQ
Free Shipping Gift Baskets
Gift Baskets
Gift Baskets Blog
Find Gift Baskets & Personalized Gifts with Delivery For Any Occasion !

Gift Baskets & Personalized Gifts For Any Occasion

Gifts for Kids

Category: Snacks

A Poppin' Popcorn Gift Guide

Published June 26, 2018        by Sarah

All About Popcorn - Popcorn Fun Facts • The average American (every man, woman and child) consumes 54 quarts of popcorn annually which means that the U.S. eats about 17 million quarts of popcorn each and every year. Americans consume more popcorn than the citizens of any other country in the world. • If you wanted to create a line of popped popcorn from LA to NY city, you'd need more than 352,028,160 pieces of popcorn. • 70% of popcorn consumed in America is consumed at home.  The other 30% of popcorn is consumed outside the home at places like baseball games, movie theaters, and in the office from corporate popcorn gifts. • Fall and winter are the seasons when the most popcorn is consumed. This timing coincides perfectly with the annual popcorn harvest in the Midwest. Read more

How To Make a Snack Gift Basket

Published October 29, 2013        by Sarah

 How To Make a Snack Gift BasketThe next time you have a party to go to or are visiting a friend for an overnight stay, bring along a snack gift basket. You will be bringing some good cheer as well as a treat that no one can resist. What are some things you could include in a snack basket? The question really is what can't you include! Snacks of every shape and kind can be incorporated into a basket for a good friend or family member. Choose a Snack Theme Start off by picking a theme. Do you want to go savory or sweet? Do you want a movie themed basket with treats you'd eat while watching a flick? Or do you want a basket that the kids can easily grab from to help themselves at snack time? Containers Start by choosing a container. This can be anything from a galvanized metal tub to a handsome wicker basket. Plastic Read more

Milk and Cookies: The Old Age Combination

Published April 01, 2013        by Sarah

 Milk and Cookies: The Old Age CombinationThere are few things quite as delicious as a glass of ice-cold milk with an oven-fresh cookie. Have you ever taken the time to wonder, though, why this amazing combination works so well together? The American Tradition First, it’s important to note that milk with cookies is a uniquely American tradition. While other countries around the world may well have made themselves famous for this type of cookie or that one, very few of them actually enjoy milk and cookies together. In fact, most other countries look upon milk as a drink for children. Few countries outside the US even use milk in their coffee except in the morning, so a tall glass of milk with those cookies would be out of the question in many different areas of the world. That fact, though, does little to answer the question of why Read more

Toledo Hot Fudge Sundae

Published June 19, 2008        by Nicole

 Toledo Hot Fudge Sundae Who doesn't love a delicious fudge sundae for dessert or even just for a snack? These chocolate treats are so tasty and simply tradition that they should be found at every restaurant in America. But since they're not, or in case you want to give some in your dessert gift basket, then you may just have to make them yourself. Here's a great recipe to get you started. Ingredients: 2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup milk 1/4 cup heavy cream Directions: Melt the chocolate and butter in the top pot of a double broiler. Add the cocoa powder and stir until dissolved. Gradually stir in the sugar, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring. Add the milk and cream. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Read more

Bread Dough

Published March 24, 2008        by Nicole

 Bread DoughIf you've ever had the urge to make your own fresh bread, then you've stumbled on the right recipe. One of the best things to make from scratch, homemade bread dough is really a special treat. Ingredients: 3 lb. plain flour 1 oz. yeast (1 ½ cakes) 1 tbsp. sugar 3 cups warm water 1 tbsp. salt 2 tbsp. butter or lard Directions: If using dry yeast, follow the directions on the package. If fresh yeast, cream the yeast and sugar together and add the liquid. Mix the flour and salt together. Add the yeast with its liquid and mix to firm dough. Soften the butter and add it to the mixture. Knead, adding more flour if required until the dough is smooth and elastic. Put the dough into a warm bowl, cover with a cloth and leave about 1 hour or until it has Read more