Peppermint cookie balls are some of the most fun desserts that you can make for Christmastime. These tasty treats are great for cookie gift baskets, cookie tins, or simply just for setting out when your family and friends come visit.…
Published October 18, 2012 by
When you ask a woman friend or family member what she wants for her birthday, Christmas, or other occasions, it is likely she will say, “Oh nothing!” While she means to be polite, this is an incredibly unhelpful answer! You can’t let special days and events pass unnoticed, but don’t worry, we have the answer: cookies. A lovely cookie basket is a great way to tell her how special she is and how much you appreciate her.
Since most of us can whip up a batch of cookies without much difficulty, some extra thought and creativity will go a long way. Here are some out-of-the-ordinary recipes to make the perfect cookies for women:
Rugelach, recipe courtesy of Gourmet.com
This is a sweet, decadent treat that will be savored by your recipient.
10. Working with 1 dough rectangle, put long side nearest you. Spread ¼ cup preserves or jam over dough. Sprinkle with ¼ cup raisins, ¼ cup walnuts, and 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar.
11. Roll dough tightly into log. Place in pan, seam side down. Pinch ends and tuck underneath.
12. Repeat with remaining dough.
13. Brush with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
14. Make ¾-inch cuts cross-wise, not going all the way through. Chill if not firm enough.
15. Bake until golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on rack and then transfer logs to cutting board and slice all the way through.
Arrange cookies in your basket, in a container, or wrapped in plastic. Add some coffee or tea packets for a perfect afternoon treat.
Chocolate Peppermint Patties, from Easy-Cookies
This delectable cookie features a favorite combination: chocolate and mint.
Chai Spiced Cookies, from theKitchn
Give these in a pretty basket, or set up as a woman cookie bouquet. Give the special ladies in your life a treat that they will always remember!