No Tricks, Just Treats
If you are searching for great Halloween gifts for children, friends, family, or teachers, look no further. There are a lot of options out there, but how do you know what that person would really enjoy? Here are some great ideas to make this spooktacular day even sweeter.
Cookies are the perfect gift for any occasion, and Halloween is no exception. Find a set of Halloween-themed cookie cutters and whip up a batch of sugar cookie dough.
The next step is to decorate them with royal icing, colored sugar, candy bits, sprinkles, and other goodies. Make them look cute or scary; the choice is yours!
After they've dried or hardened, wrap your yummy Halloween cookies individually or put a few in a treat bag; a great treat for anyone.
Candy Gift Bouquet
Those who don't go out trick-or-treating shouldn't have to miss out on all the fun - or all the treats. Why not create a delicious candy bouquet? It makes a great centerpiece, and snack!
- Floral foam.
- A pumpkin treat bucket or other Halloween-themed container.
- Wooden skewers.
- Floral tape or hot glue.
- Tissue paper or inexpensive Halloween garland.
- Candy, candy, candy.
1. Trim the floral foam so it fits inside the container.
2. Prepare your candy: use hot glue or floral tape to attach a wooden skewer to a wrapped candy (such as a mini candy bar or fun-size box of Whoppers).
3. Cut a length of Halloween garland and wrap it around the "flower" stem. Wrap some of the candy flowers with lengths of ribbon.
4. Insert the skewers into the floral foam, making sure to create a full-looking bouquet.
5. Cover the floral foam with garland or tissue paper to hide it.
Make a Candy Bouquet
Why not surprise them with gourmet caramel apples? These sweet treats can also be gorgeous Halloween gifts. You can purchase them online, in the grocery store or just make your own with this caramel recipe from AllRecipes:
- 6 apples, washed and dried
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Remove the stems from the apples and insert a craft stick into the top of each.
2. Butter a baking sheet or cover it with aluminum foil.
3. Put caramels and milk in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once. Let it cool briefly.
4. Roll each apple quickly in the caramel until well-coated.
If you want them left plain, leave the apples on the baking sheet. If you want to dress them up, there are endless ways to do it. Try this Halloween-themed version: while your caramel is still wet, roll it in crushed Oreos. Stick on several gummy worms for a creepy, crawly treat.
Witches Wood Terrarium Kit
Want to go with something different, that most people have never gotten before? This is a great non-candy gift for children of all ages.
This fun kit contains all the plants needed for charms and potions and includes witches' stakes, decals, glow-in-the-dark bugs, planting terrarium, lava rock, giant spider, and five seed packs for basil, catnip, sage, St. John's Wort, and Thyme.
If the potions don't work, you can always season your spaghetti sauce!
Glow Necklaces or Sticks
Before the kids head out to trick-or-treat, arm them with these glowing accessories they'll think are awesome, and you can rest assured they will be more visible.
Image by massdistraction on Flickr
Many parents take their children out trick-or-treating while it is still light, but glow sticks are still a fun addition to Halloween. And what child wouldn't love glow-in-the-dark accessories? They're the perfect gift for kids.
Easy and Fun Gifts for Kids
More Fun Halloween Ideas
- Halloween Gifts
Offers Halloween gifts and gift baskets for both kids and adults. Selections include sweet gourmet treats, Halloween candy, cookie bouquets & more!
Gummy Shot Glasses
If you're looking for a gift for a friend or hostess, you must try Gummy Shot Glasses. You can find these novelties online at sites like Gift.com. Yes, they are shot glasses made of that yummy gummy stuff we love in bears, worms, and other sugary treats. Have you ever had a sweeter chaser? A set of these will be a great addition to a party.
Another excellent gift idea is to simply spend the evening with a friend, watching scary movies and making your way through all that candy! Happy Halloween!