Love Your Mother
Many mothers would say the best gift they could ever receive was a child. Well, since she already has that, what do you get for your special mama? If you are at a loss, there is a great solution: gift baskets.
They can be customized to suit your mother's style and preferences, and they can also be customized to suit your budget. Now, what to put in those baskets?
Here are some great Mother's Day gift basket ideas for all the special moms, aunts, grandmothers, and partners in your life.
Image courtesy of eyeliam on Flickr
For The Mother Who Loves to Have Fun
Your "basket" will be an ice bucket. Or, if you find those a bit too pricy, you could use a small plastic tub (like the ones used to keep drinks in at outdoor parties). Include a bottle or two of her favorite drink mixer. You can find everything from mimosas to mudslides in liquor and grocery stores. They already have the alcohol mixed in, and all she has to do is chill and give it a shake before she's ready to entertain. Also include:
- Fun wine or bar glasses in the gift basket. You can opt for regular styles or try something fun like neon margarita glasses.
- Coasters. Even if your mom is not a coaster type of person, she'll love unique designs and materials. Check Etsy for some great options. Also, you can make your own coasters with photos of family members; Shutterfly and other photo services can help you out or you can try your hand at DIY.
- Snacks. Think blue tortilla chips, pretzels, pita chips, and a delicious dip.
For busy, overworked, frazzled moms, nothing could be more relaxing than a quiet bath and some time alone. Arrange a spa gift basket with a reusable container and all the supplies she needs to rejuvenate. Include:
- Bath salts.
- Candles and matches.
- A CD of soothing music - or a small gift card so she can download her own relaxation tunes.
- A facial scrub.
- Body wash and a scrubby.
- Handmade soaps.
- Lotion in her favorite scent.
- A neck pillow and gel eye mask.
- A babysitter for the evening!
The World Without Moms
For The Mother Who Loves to Move
If the mother in your life loves to exercise and be active, indulge her with some tools of the trade. Some ideas:
- A pedometer.
- Heart monitor so she can always stay in the burn zone!
- Water bottle.
- MP3 player
- Gift card to her favorite athletic store.
- Yoga or Pilates DVD's.
- Sports laundry detergent.
- New earbuds.
- iTunes card for music downloads.
- A relaxing foot soak or scrub to soothe tired feet.
If the first thing she heads for in the morning is the coffee pot, then try a coffee gift basket filled with:
- Gourmet coffee beans, freshly ground. Choose her favorite flavors or a sampler of different options.
- Chocolate covered pretzels.
- Chocolate covered coffee beans if she needs a mid-morning boost.
- Brownies or cookies.
- A fun, unique, and/or handcrafted mug.
- A coffee bean grinder.
- White, milk, or mint chocolate covered spoons.
For The Mother Who Loves Chocolate
Who doesn't love chocolate! This year, give mom the gift of delicious desserts with a chocolate gift basket. Buy a small fondue pot or chocolate melting pot (these can be expensive but you can find less pricy models that will be wonderful). Along with the pot, include a variety of dippers. You could include treats like:
- Don't forget the chocolate!
Fondue pots can also be used to melt caramel or cheese, so depending on mom's favorite snacks, you can design a customized basket for her melting pleasure.
Whether the special mother in your life loves to craft, bake, eat, or indulge, you can make your own beautiful gift basket for Mother's Day. You could even opt for a gardening gift basket! No matter what her hobbies are, this is the perfect time to give the gift of love and relaxation.