Easter cookies just wouldn't be the same in our family without delicious chocolate nests! A few simple ingredients come together to make a fun dessert that is both creamy and crunchy!
You can top them with a variety of candies - jelly beans, Robin's Eggs, foil covered chocolates or even an Easter Chick Peep!
- Wax paper
- 1 2/3 to 2 cups (11- to 12-ounce package) Butterscotch or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces chow mein noodles
- 30 - 60 pieces of egg shaped candies
1. Line trays with wax paper.
2. Microwave chips in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
3. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
4. Add chow mein noodles to mixture; toss until coated. Scoop about about 2 rounded tablespoons (about the size of an ice cream scoop) and drop onto prepared trays then immediately shape into nests. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, place one or two candies in each nest. Store prepared nests in covered container.