Nothing goes together better than Peanut Butter and Chocolate. But this time, we're not talking cookies! Take the deliciousness one step further by combining the 2 flavors in a cupcake! Ingredients - 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour - 1…
Published September 27, 2010 by
We've taken the deliciousness of a Pineapple Upside Down Cake and made it bite sized! Perfect for a Sunday morning brunch, cupcakes are garnished with a pineapple ring and maraschino cherry along with brown sugar for a sweet and fruity treat! Once you try this recipe, you'll be sharing the recipe in every dessert gift basket you give!
1. Heat oven to 350º. Place butter and milk for the batter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Warm the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts, then transfer the mixture to a small bowl to cool.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the pineapple topping. Melt the butter and mix it with the brown sugar. Spoon about 1 T of the mixture into each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan.
3. Place one pineapple ring int the center if each cupcake tin and put one cherry in the center of each pineapple. Slightly press the fruit into the topping mixture to coat it.
4. In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir the ingredients with a fork until they're evenly blended. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until the flour is fully incorporated. Add the milk-butter mixture and stir well to combine the ingredients into a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin pan, dividing it evenly among all the cups. Bake the cupcakes until they're lightly browned, dry around the edges, and pulling away from the pan a little, about 25 minutes.
6. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for 5 minutes. Use a butter knife to carefully loosen each cupcake from the edges and bottom of the pan, then place a cookie sheet over the top. Invert the pan, turning the cupcakes out onto the cookie sheet, then transfer them back to the rack to cool completely. Serve the cupcakes at room temperature.
Picture courtesy of rbertieg on Creative Commons.