Published May 23, 2007 by
Instead of sending out the same old card-style birth announcement like all of your other friends and family members who have had babies, spread word of the new arrival with one of these unique birth announcement ideas. These announcements will have them oohing and aahing over your ingenuity. Of course, if you want to stick with the ever popular card-style birth announcements that feature the baby’s name, birth date and weight along with a photo, just do a quick search on the web to find one of the many internet stores that sell this type of announcement. However if you are up for something fun and different, here you go:
1) Cookie Birth Announcements from AAGiftsandBaskets.com. It’s like getting two gifts and one – a unique outline of all the baby details along with an edible photo cookie that the recipient can savor. We can’t think of a sweeter way to announce the new little baby boy or girl. You just send in a digital image of baby and they’ll print it on edible paper that is adhered to an extra large fresh-baked cookie. You can choose frosting colors and ribbon colors to match the photo or gender of the baby.
2) Candy Wrapper Announcements from Welcome Baby or another candy wrapper vendor. These candy wrappers are available in numerous colors and themes ranging from Noah’s Ark to Yellow Duckies. You can even get a photo of your little one added to some of these customized wrappers that also include the baby’s information like name, weight and birthday. What a sweet way to announce the arrival of your little sweetie pie! Usually the vendor prints the labels on glossy paper which is then wrapped around the chocolate bar of your choice – milk, dark, Ghirardelli mint, milk chocolate and almond, etc. Mailers are often available so that you can either drop these birth announcements in the mail or hand them out to friends and family.
3) Coffee & Tea Birth Announcements from Baby Gifts & Gift Baskets. Whether you’ve had a sweet little baby girl, bouncing baby boy or set of twins, this company has a coffee or tea packet that is appropriately themed. Pink stripes, blue stripes, baby carriages and teddy bears are just a few of the motifs available to let your friends and family know the big news. Each coffee or tea packet includes the baby’s name and birthday. They even have an adorable ‘New Additions To Our Line’ theme that is perfect for multiples. Again, these fun and unique announcements can either be dropped in the mail or given out by hand.
4) Baby Announcement Photo Magnets from The Magnet Queen. These unique birth announcements will be displayed on the refrigerators of friends and family for years. They won’t soon forget your child’s birthday! Each magnet is customized with the child’s photo along with their birth information and name (that you supply). Magnets are available in numerous sizes and come with matching envelopes making it easy to send them via the US Postal Service.
5) Personalized Honey Jars from Baby Gifts & Gift Baskets. These little jars are literally the sweetest birth announcement available! Small glass jars are filled with pure clover honey and then a custom label featuring the baby’s name and birthday is applied to make these announcements extra special. Numerous colors and themes are available including a clever ‘Bee Loved’ jar with a bee carrying a bundle of joy on the label.