I love peanut butter cookies! They're crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and they just seem to melt in your mouth! Here are Peanut Butter Cookies with a twist! These cookies start with a boxed yellow cake mix…
Published June 04, 2010 by
Nothing goes together better than Peanut Butter and Chocolate. But this time, we're not talking cookies! Take the deliciousness one step further by combining the 2 flavors in a cupcake!
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If desired, line cupcake pans with paper liners. You may also spray cupcake pan with a butter and flour combination spray that can be found in your local grocery store.
(2) Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds while scraping bowl. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
(3) Spoon cupcake batter into liners until they are 1/2 to 2/3 full. You should have enough batter for 24-36 cupcakes.
(4) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
(5) Cool 10 minutes in pans then move to wire rack to cool completely.
(6) For Frosting, Combine 1/2 cup softened butter with 1 cup creamy peanut butter (crunchy can also be used). Add 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted after measuring), and up to 1/4 cup heavy cream until you get the consistency you want. For an extra special touch you can pipe on an icing swirl and then top with a mini peanut butter cup!