No matter what the season or occasion, we all have times when we need to show our appreciation and say "Thank You" to a friend, client or family member. Sending a thank you gift with a hand-written note is a great way to show just how much you appreciate them and their efforts. I've also found in this new technology age that sending a simple thank you e-card can be fun. I personally love the Hoops & YoYo characters at Hallmark and now you can send those funny characters via e-mail to express your sentiments.
Over the years, I've seen people send thank you gifts and cards for many reasons, but the top 10 seem to be those listed below:
- To Say Thank You For A Gift (e.g. you've received a new baby, holiday or bridal shower gift)
- To Thank Party Attendees (e.g. retirement, graduation and birthday party attendees)
- To Thank A Host or For The Hospitality(e.g. you been an overnight guest in someone's home)
- To Thank Customers or Clients (e.g. some sent you a referral)
- To Say Thanks to a Good Samaritan (e.g. someone returned your lost wallet or helped you change a flat tire)
- To Thank A Friend - (e.g. someone had you over for dinner or house sat while you were on vacation)
- To Thank A Professional (e.g. a great nurse for cared for your elderly parent)
- To Thank Your Employer (e.g. you got an big bonus, promotion or raise)
- To Thank Your Employees (e.g. they did an all-star job & worked long hours on a big project)
- To Thank Charity Volunteers (e.g. during Volunteer Appreciation Week)
Last year, I organized a charity event to benefit our local food shelf. I sent hand-written thank you notes to each of the volunteers that helped man the booth and sell raffle tickets. We raised over $4000 for the food shelf and hopefully those people will help out again this year. If you've got reason to be appreciative, don't forget to say thanks...it makes everyone feel good!
Photograph: Thanks A Million Care Package (priced today at just $37)